Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Strawberry Poppyseed dressing



My salad days continue! I quickly whipped up this tasty dressing and tossed with bunch of spring mix salad leaves - my lunch for today. How this dressing recipe is born? - I was looking on the salad dressing aisle in the grocery store - trying to find some other tasty stuff than the usual ranch, thousand island etc. I happened to see poppyseed (Ghas ghasalu in telugu, also known as Khus Khus)dressing - I didnt want to buy the whole bottle - what in case i didnt like it - so I tried it at home and I simply love this dressing for its exotic flavors. The strawberries are my own addition to it.

Ingredients:
2 tbsp poppyseeds dry roasted (I used white poppy seeds (indian variety))
1 cup strawberries
2 tbsp light mayonnaise
1 tbsp red wine vinegar ( any other vinegar or lemon juice can be used)
1/2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp olive oil

blend all the above together to get a smooth consistency. Toss with your favourite vegetables or salad mix and enjoy. The strawberries can be replaced with other berries or pomegranate.

No comments: